Fuel gauge help w/1993 mutlifunction digital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel gauge help w/1993 mutlifunction digital

Filled my boat today(gas prices are killing me!) and noticed that the fuel guage on my 93 200 ProV with digital multifunction guages did not read full - showed only 3-4 bars. Subsequently lost all bars and low fuel warning light is now flashing constantly. Know its full because I topped it off with 15+ gals. Any suggestion much appreciated.

cajun,
    I would first check the connectors at the gauge and at the fuel sender mounted on the fuel tank for corrosion and/or poor connection. Especially check the ground connection.
    I would then check the fuel level sender in the tank - remove carefully in a well ventilated area (no smoking and no sparks, obviously) and make sure the float moves up and down thru the full range.
    With the sender completely out of the tank, and the wires disconnected, monitor the change in resistance with an ohm meter when you move the level thru its range - if no change, replace sender. If sender is working ok, then there is probably something wrong with the gauge.
    Good luck,
    Ken K

Comment

Working...
    X