What spares for F225 - help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What spares for F225 - help needed

Hi guys I am looking for advice help and suggestions on what spares I should keep when operating F225 EFI four strokes in a place where spares are very hard to come by or considered unavailable.
    I have 4 engines i.e 2 counter rotating sets of F225, we have access off and on a mechanic with rudimentary knowledge. He is okay with fixing most minor problems but for any major overhauling we have to get a tech from either Mumbai, India or Thailand.
    I a 6 month span we run the engines for about 600 hours and I have 1900 hrs on one set and 500 hours on the other, both are used commercially.
    Based on the above any help and advice on the spare parts we should stock to prevent loosing 15-20 days of operation while waiting for new parts would be most helpful.
    I keep all the common things like plugs, filters, anodes, o rings, cotter pins.
    A detailed list will be most helpful
    Also what kind of problems can you see coming up on the engines based on running hours?

We have just done a 400 hrs service with a tech we brought in.

thanks in advance guys for your help

You might stock valve cover gaskets to check valve clearence every 400 hours, timming bet should be replaced every 1000 hours.
    Also stock water pump repair kits, water pump housing, drive shaft collar and spacer on top of water pump impeller.
    Might stock fuel pumps and vapor separator tank gaskets to service fuel pump.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X