Oil pump wont stop pumping on 150 CETO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pump wont stop pumping on 150 CETO

I have a 150 hp CETO, I think 1996 model. Just bought the boat, and twice now after about four hours of skiing, the oil pump will not switch off and pumps continously into the oil reservoir under the cowl thus overpressurising and spilling oil. The fault could not be replicated at the authorised dealer. Today I have removed the oil gauge assembly unit and with the ignition on raised and lowered the magnetic float by hand. When the float is all the way down the alarm sounds and the oil pump starts. As I bring up the float the alarm stops but keeps pumping until close to the top when the pump turns off. When I put the assembly back in the reservoir and drain the oil, the pump then comes on until the level is just above the second arrow then switches off. I repeated this four times and it worked correctly . So as far as I can tell the assembly works correctly. My next course of action will be to drain the main and small oil tanks, place some fuel into the main tank and pump it through to clean out any residue that may be causing the float to stick. Is this the correct course of action, or will fuel damage the oil pump system ? Should I be looking at replacing the expensive oil float assembly ?

The oil level sensor on engine oil tank and ECU control oil level in engine oil tank, check the oil filter around oil level sensor to make oil is able to pass through it. Check wiring between oil sensor and ECU.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X