Best repair manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best repair manual

What would be the best repair manual for a 1997 9.9 2 cycle Yamaha? Carb rebuild, water pump replacement are all that is needed at this time. Thanks

I use the SELOC 1703 manual, it covers all motors from 1997 to 2003 so I have everything for my 130hp on the dive boat and the 3hp on my tender - in fact I just rebuilt my carbies on both engines using it, motors started first time.

Easy to source off eBay or Amazon

ISBN 0-89330-065-9

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate your input.

Comment

Do a forum search, that subject has been discussed many times.
        Here is something I posted not long ago http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/54915-post4.html

Comment

I have a Honda factory and Mariner/Seloc manuals.....I prefer the factory manual specifically for your engine size. The Seloc's that cover many different engine models aren't as good to me. Neither have every single bit of info, the factory will leave out info that they "assume" should be known by a factory trained tech. The Seloc covers alot but the illustrations aren't as good and can be confusing by having a lot of info that is useless on your engine.

Try to get an owners manual too, they are free sometimes.

Comment

I was wondering if you ever ran across a Keihin carb(s) in any of your manuals. I have 1991 C55 outboard w/ dual Keihin carbs. The two manuals I have purchased do not even acknowledge that particular carb but yet I have it on my motor.

I am in dire need of a manual/info on how to rebuild these dual carbs. Can find nothing on the web or Keihin web site for assistance.
            Thank you in advance,
            SK

Comment

Working...
            X