Installing H20 pressure guage in 1999 F50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing H20 pressure guage in 1999 F50

I would like to install a water pressure guage in my 1999 F50 TLRX outboard. Can someone explain where the sender should be installed? I could not find any bolts that appear to be the same size as the sender - does this require another fitting?

This motor has a small, grey rubber tube that orginates on the front of the lower unit, runs externally up the front of the motor, and ends at the top of the transom bracket where it is just plugged and hangs over the bracket. It appears this may be tied into the water pump but not sure - any ideas what this is and could it be used for the water pressure guage?

Thanks in advance!

If you are using a Yamaha water pressure gauge then use 688-83667-00-00 water pressure tubing
    If using an aftermarket water pressure gauge then use MAR-WPRES-AD-TR water pressure adapter
    F50-F90 WP Port.JPG
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Absolutely correct, I used the second part for an aftermarket WP gauge and boats.net got it to me very quickly. Works great with my Teleflex gauge.

Comment

Looking for advice

My motor appears to be different from the attached diagrams. Here are a couple of pictures of the port side of the motor. I do see a raised area that might need to be drilled and tapped for a sender (see redline on picture)?

Appreciate the assistance.
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm sorry the 1999 is a different block, here is correct diagram
          F40F50T50WaterPort_98-2001.pdf
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks. That diagram does look somewhat different from my motor (see pictures in an above post) however it appears the sending unit should be installed on the top of the motor. I assume I'll need to remove the plastic flywheel cover to get to that location?

The boat is a few hours from me but will be able to check it in a couple of weeks.

Appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
            X