2006 115HP TLR power trim oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 115HP TLR power trim oil leak

Hello to all members and mods. I am glad to be here in this forum, best regards to all.

I have a 2006 115HP TLR, the Showa Power Trim & Tilt is leaking oil where the Gear Pump Assy unit bolts onto the Housing Trim and Tilt. I replaced the 5 O rings and it still leaks, the leaking is worse when the Trim & Tilt is down. Any idea what is the problem and how to repair.
    Thanks in advance
    Capt. Jose

Check the housing with a straight edge to see if possible warped.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank for the help. Housing and the Gear Pump Assy are straight. I manage to control the leak, they sold me the wrong O Rings, now the trim and tilt going up but never going down, the trim going down when I release the Manual Valve Sub-Assy, the tilt only going down when I push down is supposed to going down by itself. Maybe something is wrong assembly, I dropped valve seat on the floor, I found two balls of different size, I'm not sure which of the the balls going inside of the valve seat if is the bigger one or the tiny one. Maybe you know where every ball go.
      Last edited by Jose Peralta; 01-24-2011, 09:40 AM.

Comment

2006 yamaha 115

Capt. Jose, I am having the same problem. The seals were replaced and is still leaking. The long screw was corroded and was hard to get out.I guess thats were the leak was. My mechanic suggests getting a new gear pump assembly. How did you end up getting yours fixed? Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X