Model year of 9.9 2 cycle OB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model year of 9.9 2 cycle OB

I just took possession of a 9.9 from my brother, which was originally owned by my father, and he died 11 years ago. Apparently my brother never has even started the motor in the last 5 or 6 years, but he said that no water came out of the pilot hole when he did last start it. My guess is the impeller has fallen apart by now, and the carb will definitely need a rebuild. How do I determine the model year so that I can order the parts? I don't have a servicing dealer anywhere near me, so I guess I'll tackle this myself. I have average to slightly above average mechanical skills, so are these two possible? Any particular manual that you would recommend? The plate on the motor has this: 9.9 MSHV, 682C S 156240. The motor is in excellent condition otherwise, my guess is an early to mid 90's model. Thanks for any help you can give

I just did another search and it appears to be a 97 model. Not sure why nothing showed up in the initial search...I could still use some answers on the other questions though. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X