Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 SX250TURA Excess Oil Consumption

Howdy from Oklahoma,
    Need a little advise for excessive oil consumption on my OX66. I'm using about a tank for every 50 gal. of fuel. When I start the motor it smokes until I open the throddle. No matter how long its been idle every time I fire her off she'll smoke. I've pulled the plugs and they're wet and carboned. I've started to notice a lag in acceleration before I come up to plane.
    Will plugs correct this or will more be required? My friends suggested that I remove the oil injection and premix the gas. Talked with a mechainc and he said that was a strict no, no on a Yahama.
    Looking forward to some advise.
    Thanks in advance.

I meant to say throttle not "throddle". Dah!

Comment

oil pump link arm where it`s suppose to be?

Comment

Thanks for the reply Getyouten. I'm not sure what position the link arm is supposed to be in. Replaced the plugs last night helped a bit but don't think this will solve the excess usage problem though. It idles smooth now at least until the plugs foul again.

Comment

Okie,
          Get that oil pump checked out - you should, at most, burn only one gallon of oil for every fifty gallons of fuel (50:1 ratio) - and probably around 3/4 gallon of oil would be my guess since your motor has variable ratio oiling with 50:1 being the max.
          Good luck,
          Ken K

Comment

okie, at any servicing, techs should check the factory pump setting to burn rich for break-in. at neutral, check oil pump, linkage should be bottomed out on circular set/stop pin. if its not, adjust accordingly,loosen linkage end end at pump side to allow it to bottom out.

Comment

Ken, JB123,
              Thanks for the info will check out the setting. Ran the old gal tonight with the new plugs and she's just like a new girl again. Will check out the linkage tomorrow for proper settings. If that doesn't work looks like a trip to the hospital for her.

Comment

Working...
              X