engine wont rev past 4000rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine wont rev past 4000rpm

I twin 2004 115 yammy 4strokes on my cat and one of the fuel lines came of the water seperator on the weekend so the engine ran out of fuel ,I reffitted the fuel hose and primed it up and it started fine , all was good util i got to 4000 rpm and thats as far as it would go ,any help on this would be great
    \also the displays have been flashing the engine symbol since i bought the boat (both engines)they flash 4 times then nine times then a long blank
    any ideas
    cheers for any help neil

most likly debrisin the VST or VST prefilter, the flashing code is a 49 but the US market stuff only goes to code 44.
    you may wish to have it hooked up to the laptop or the diagnostic test lamp and then run it while the test equipment is hooked up at the failure RPM and load.

Comment

all fixed

had some crap in the fuel line blocking 1 injector and the error codes where engine running to cold ,thermostates stuck open so blew out the injector and changed the thermostates and she is all sweet now , give it a good test this week when

i head 70kms out fishin 300meters

Comment

Sure hope blowing out did a good enough job on that injector and you do not have problems with the others and the filters,as running lean will hurt the cylinders/pistons.

Comment

Originally posted by neil.tankard View Post
          I twin 2004 115 yammy 4strokes on my cat and one of the fuel lines came of the water seperator on the weekend so the engine ran out of fuel ,I reffitted the fuel hose and primed it up and it started fine , all was good util i got to 4000 rpm and thats as far as it would go ,any help on this would be great
          \also the displays have been flashing the engine symbol since i bought the boat (both engines)they flash 4 times then nine times then a long blank
          any ideas
          cheers for any help neil
          What cat do you have Neil? What performance you getting when the Yammy's are running right?
          1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
          1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

I have a 6.2 meter

Kevlacat get 40knots at 5700 rpm and use .9 liters per kilometer on average
            went out 55kms on the weekend and on the way home the fuel problem started again so looks like i might have to get the injectors cleaned and see how that goes

Comment

You can clean the injectors all you want, but the source of the bad crap getting to your injectors needs to be rectified too, or else the problem will keep occurring. I agree with Rodbolt that the VST should be opened up and looked at. Might need a filter change there. I've learned this all the hard way.

Comment

Not sure if he's plagued with the ethanol thing. The Ausie's don't have the the environmental wacko's we have. Even still I would run the Racor 2-micron fuel water seps.
                1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
                1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Working...
                X