Water Pressure Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pressure Gauge

I have a 2006 Ranger Reata 1850 with a Yamaha F150.

The water pressure gauge froze up on it and water is leaking under the dash.

The gauge itself is filling up with water and leaking.

The gauge has a brass screw on connector on the back.

Is there supposed to be water all the way to the gauge when running normally? When the F150 was running, the water was really coming out of it.

I did some checking and my gauge looks like the Teleflex Sahara model in pictures. I took the gauge out of the boat, but it is not marked what brand it is. It says made in Taiwan with a the numbers 65263F on it. Looks like it was made in 2005.

Does the Sahara gauge #61870P have the threaded connector on the back for the water tube? It looks just like the gauge I have. The Teleflex gauges are made in the USA according to Bass Pro Shops catalog.

Can I use the Sahara gauge or should I get something else?

Thanks, Bob

The aftermarket gauges usually have a rubber hose running from engine to gauge and held on gauge fitting with a hose clamp or plastic tie strap. The Yamaha water pressure has a white plastic tubing(688-83667-00-00) going to gauge and held on with a brass nut and a ferrule on tubing.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I only need the gauge. The tubing, brass nut, and ferrule are already there. What part do I need?

Is there normally water all the way up to the gauge when running?

The tubing on mine is black. This is a picture of the back of the gauge.

Thanks, Bob
      Attached Files
      Last edited by walleyebob; 01-17-2011, 12:21 PM.

Comment

I do not think the gauge froze. I think it just happened to fail.

Comment

I installed the water pressure gauge today and it seems to be working fine! The gauge used to peg itself when over 1500 RPM's. Now it reads about 20 PSI at 4000 RPM's. Gauge goes up to 30 PSI.

Bob

Comment

Working...
          X