LP Fuel Pump? ~ Yamaha 1999 200HP OX66

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LP Fuel Pump? ~ Yamaha 1999 200HP OX66

Boat was bought used and came with a low pressure fuel pump that replaced the primer bulb. Everything was fine until I noticed this pump was running all the time and then it stopped working.

Where can I find a replacement for a Carter P61296S-02G19B fuel pump?

Thanks in advance.

me thinks yee is chasing ghoasties.

in fact I know.

what is the issue?

its rather obivious you have no clue how the OX66 system works.
    on that I can help.
    low pressure pumps on OX66 are pulse pumps, nothing to do with anything battery.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
      me thinks yee is chasing ghoasties.

in fact I know.

what is the issue?

its rather obivious you have no clue how the OX66 system works.
      on that I can help.
      low pressure pumps on OX66 are pulse pumps, nothing to do with anything battery.

The issue is that after the engine is primed using a primer bulb, it will start and run great at 4500 RPM for about 15 minutes and then stall and require it to be primed again. The pump in question is electric and is mounted between the gas tank and the engine. I am hoping that someone can help me locate a replacement pump or recommend an alternative.

Comment

If the pumps on the motor will not keep the fuel flowing properly then you have an issue with the pumps,lines,filters, connections, or tank pick up tube or vent.
        Repair what is wrong, instead of adding something else. I have not seen a boat motor that needed a external electric pump to run properly

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          If the pumps on the motor will not keep the fuel flowing properly then you have an issue with the pumps,lines,filters, connections, or tank pick up tube or vent.
          Repair what is wrong, instead of adding something else. I have not seen a boat motor that needed a external electric pump to run properly
          Thanks, sounds like it is best if I take the boat to a mechanic for service.

Comment

when that engine left japan there were 2 pulse type lift pumps mounted on the port side of the block.
            the electric was either a primer pump operated by a momentary switch or a backyadigan add-on.
            its NOT yamaha.
            the only electric pump on that engine is mounted in the vapor seperator tank.
            some grady whites used the walbro pump as a primer pump instead of a primer bulb.
            that pump is NLA from walbro and was controled by a momentary on switch.

Comment

Working...
            X