new to forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to forum

I bought a boat with a 89 115 v4 it has a small exhaust plate leak at the bottom which leaks into the cowl but seems to run well. It starts right up idles good throttles up ok with muffs on. in the water it does well also except a couple of times it stalls when you go from N to forward to take off underload then stalls it always starts back up and still idles well. I have to play with it to get it going like apply power then back off then apply again to take some load off the motor once on plane it runs good. it never does it at throttle only or in reverse just in forward. The last day I had it out it acted up again same thing I tried to take off then stall restart fine take off stall. then I looked down at my saftey teather and it looked half off so I made sure it was on tight then jimmyed it around to make sure it was on good then the boat took off just fine no more problems the rest of the day. Was it just the safty teather switch or should I look into it futher. if it was the teather wouldn't the motor stall in reverse and throttle only also any starting point would be helpful. also the exhaust gaskets are on order to be replaced. besides the couple of times that has happened the motor seems to start and run well

Safety switch shuts down the motor, so unless it was grounding out from time to time I would not think that is your problem.
    If this motor is running lean you will eat some pistons if you keep running it with out fixing

Comment

The oil injection has been removed ( not by me ) and I'm premixing 50:1 is what Ive been told and doing the plugs don't look lean but I've only checked them once. But I'll check them again. It really runs good except when it acts up which is hit and miss

Comment

Working...
      X