tachometer for 2005 T8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tachometer for 2005 T8

Hi everyone. I just discovered this forum while searching for info on how to wire a tachometer to my new kicker motor (2005 T8PXRD, remote throttle, electric start, power tilt). I bought the 4-stroke maintenance meter with tach/hour meter that is supposed to beep when you need scheduled maintenance. The problem is I wanted the tach mounted on my dash which is 16 feet away from the motor and that particular gauge I guess is made to be mounted near or on the motor and the instructions say don't mount it > 8 ft away.

So my Yamaha dealer took it back and sold me digital "Multifunction Tachometer" with trip and total hour meter, trim reading, oil pressure, tach, etc. It was very expensive. It came with 2 sets of wires, one which goes to the 703 remote control and one that is supposed to go from gauge to motor. It wires to the remote just fine. The problem is, I can't find any place/way to connect it to the motor itself. I can't even find any wires the same color, much less the female connectors. I have a very similar gauge with the same wire setup connected to my 1992 Yamaha 200hp outboard jet and the connectors are very obvious. Is this motor not set up to be connected to this tachometer (despite my Yamaha dealer assuring me it is) or am I missing something? If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thank you.

Never mind. It works just fine with just the four wires connecting it to the remote control. I didn't even have to use the other set of wires.

Comment

Working...
    X