Black, Pink, Grey, Orange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black, Pink, Grey, Orange

I need help with a 2005 F115TLRD. I have everything hooked up according to the wiring diagrams. I have purchased a service manual and it offers no help or no additional information. There is a plug coming from the gauges with black, pink, grey and orange wires. There is no receptacle with or without matching wires on the motor. There are black and pink wires running from the trim and tilt but they plug back into the motor. As for the grey and orange, there is nowhere for them to attach at all. I'm assuming that they are for the oil pressure and water temperature since they do not seem to work on the gauge.

On the 2005 motors there is only 1 connector at engine. Connect the male gauge harness connector to female connector on engine and both gauge harness connectors to gauge. If it's an 2004 or older gauge the trim gauge will not read correctly without an adapter harness.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Yeah, I bought the harness and the trim gauge works fine. My concern is with the oil and water gauge displays. I believe the manual says they should blink with the key in the on position and the motor off but they do not. I also tried running the motor and disconnection the oil sensor and/or water temp sensor and no alarm or lights come on. I'm very concerned about this.

Comment

Working...
      X