Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clogged injectors

2002 HPDI 200.

Last year I had a problem with a dirty tip on the injector. Mechanic cleaned it and I ran fine for the rets of the year.

This year I had a problem from the time I dropped it in and my mechanic replaced injector #1. Ran fine for another 20 hours.

Now I am having problems again. Not firing properly.

My mechanic is feeling stumped. I am wondering if I have a fuel problem.

Any suggestions?

Aparently Yamaha is having some problems, in that your not the only one. I have a 2004 F225 with same issue and my friend has a 150 with same problem. Clogged injectors on #1 cylinder. Did you know Yamaha just came out with a brandie dandy new 10 Micron, 90 gph pretty blue with all jap writiing on it fuel filter. Supposed to solve problem. Some dealers don't even know abou it yet. We got ours from Spelmans out on LI

Comment

Regulator 21,

I installed a Racor S3213 fuel filter on my 2002 150 HPDI this year, on the advice of my friend who is a marine mechanic, it is a 10 micron fuel seperator filter. He said that he is changing over all the standard Yammie fuel filters over to this style because of the 10 micron filtering.

jvanderpla

Don't know what you paid for the filter but I bought mine at either Boater's World or West Marine, most discount marine stores carry it. Also, there is only AMERICAN ( English ) writing on it!

Comment

Working...
      X