Beware of ordering from Boats.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware of ordering from Boats.net

Prices are good. Customer service is not.

Ordered a prop shaft from these folks on 7/2.

Credit card payment had not cleared yet, so credit card was declined. Boats.net sent me an email to tell me the credit card was declined.

Placed a new order for same part on 7/7. Boats.net ran the card for this order and shipped it out. Also, took the liberty of running my credit card AGAIN for the first order that was cancelled due to the declined card.

So, there I am with TWO charges for a prop shaft. Cust service says that the first order prop shaft was sent out, and scheduled to arrive AFTER the first. Said I should send it back to them at my expense and wait for a credit to my card.

Next day comes, and sure enough there is a box waiting for me on the steps. Trouble is, that is ALL that was there. Just an empty box with some packing paper and packing slip...no prop shaft.

Call customer service to figure out what happened to the prop shaft. Got a cold shoulder. Said "We don't ship empty boxes". And told me that I would have to file a claim with UPS (they, the shipper should do this).

Filing two complints/disputes with my credit card company now. One because they did not have my ok to rerun the plastic a week later after it was declined. Another since I never received any merchandise.

Too bad it came to that. Just need to hope my credit card company can get further than I did.

espence,
    Sorry to hear you are having problems with ordering from boats.net. I have ordered only one time a few months ago and had no problem - good price and good service.
    I hope boats.net addresses this problem quickly and effeciently, since I have been personally recommending them since I ordered. If sales dept is smart, they will help you post haste
    and to your satisfaction. I would like to hear their side of this story.
    Good luck,
    Ken K

Comment

Thanks for the bit of sympathy. Too bad that a couple people in cust service can really sour things for the company. I was pleased with the pricing, the one propshaft that I got was perfect--installed it Saturday. But their whole uncooperative attitude when I first notified them about the double charge...then really uncooperative when I said that an empty box showed up.

I'm just trying to get myself back to flush. If they resolve it, I will be sure to post here. If they don't, I will be sure to post that too...in as many boating and fishing forums as I can.

Comment

like ANY credit card co, you can dispute ANY charge, sorry to hear about your issue with them.

Comment

espence,
          If you haven't already thrown them away, check the two shipping boxes from boats.net and compare shipping charges and weight that are sometimes marked on the box. This may help your argument.
          Let us know how you come out - this is important to all of us who order from boats.net .
          Good luck,
          Ken K

Comment

Thats odd, when I ordered my prop shaft it came with an extra one in the box. I have ordered alot of things from them and have never had a problem. They even called me back when there was a problem finding the part. Trying to get a hold of someone is a little hard but I'll take that trade off for the great prices.
            I hope you can get the problem fixed. Oh, and I was just kidding about the extra prop shaft. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

CLL !!!!! Dang, you had me going there for a minute - thought we had Espence problem solved!!
              Yeah, I hope he gets that cleared up soon.
              Ken K

Comment

Status update:

During my second conversation with the not-so-friendly gal at Boats.net, she said that I needed to file a damaged or missing item claim with UPS. Spoke with UPS cust service and even went to my local UPS center. They said that is the SHIPPERS responsibility to file the claim. I tried telling that to the gal at Boats.net, but she wasn't about to listen or do anything for me.

Meanwhile, I have disputed the charges with my credit card company. Once for the reason that they did not have my permission to charge the card again five days after my plastic came back declined. Also disputed based on the fact that I never received the merchandise for that one charge.

Credit card company has thus far credited me back the funds for the one prop shaft while waiting for the merchant reply. Their letter says that Boats.net still has a chance to reply or challenge the reversal, so it MAY not be over yet.

Either way, this will me my last order from Boats.net. Thanks for letting me vent guys. I will post more details if anything more comes up. Until then...buyer beware of boats.net.

Comment

Working...
                X