5-star certification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-star certification

how do i get certified to work on boat motors. i went to mmi in orlando in 2009 did not graduate completed 10 of 14 month course. financial problems very good mechanic 4.0 grade avg.evry course 96 avg. six**** marine is opening soon in shelbyville illinois.owner wants me to be lead technition.need certification 5-star.how do i go about geting the rest of my training. thank you.mark reedy

You have to be employed at a Yamaha dealership, the dealer would have to enroll you in the courses.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

typically whatever line you wish to be certified on you will have to work for a dealership that sells that brand.
      5 star is a video course not an actual certification.
      its required before starting outboard syatems(module 1) for yamaha.
      the next 4 modules can be taken in any order but module 6 is taken last, pass that with a score of 85% or better and you will then be eligible for the master tech exam.
      trust me, it isnt easy.
      I personnaly wont hire anymore MMI grads, to many bad experiences.
      but if you dont mind my sometimes abrasive personality I can answer about any technical question you have.
      over the past years in the marine industry I have been certified on suzuki,mercury/mariner, Honda, tohatsu currently I am certified for mercruiser volvo and a current yamaha master tech.
      wont go into US navy training as an FC.

Comment

thank for your info i heard the same thing while i was at mmi that people/marinas were not hiring grads from mmi for the same reason .people cheated on test they were not there for the right reasons.i pesonaly got a lot out of it.i also was one of the brightest students there they had a lot of information that i did not have access to at home.the company i am working for now is in the process of getting a new dealership started and i am looking forward to learning more and certifying for yamaha and mercury. i also heard the master tech was not easy but if it was everyone would be doing it. thank you for your reply and i will learn as much as possible before trying to certify for any brand of motor again thanks. mark reedy

Comment

Working...
        X