2001 ox66 vmax 225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 ox66 vmax 225

This is a friends engine. Starts first thing fine. Runs good. Stop to fish and sometimes it will fail to start and other times start ok. Always turns over good just no fire. It will fail two or three times throughout the day. Always restarts after a while so far. When it fails the visible side filter bowl will be starved for gas and nearly empty. Does this sound like a vacuum leak? Any help appreciated.

Fuel pump diaphrams have been replaced (3) with no help.

Comment

fuel restriction maybe if filter is more than half empty, use a aux tank hose and ball hooked to motor filter to isolate

Comment

could be anything from a defective keyswitch, bad main relay, poor battery connections.
        its a matter of trouble shooting while its failed.
        can the rail maintain 35 PSI when cranking? does it spark while cranking?
        but the VST holds several minutes of fuel for restarting.
        doesnt sound like vacum leaks.

Comment

Thanks. Will forward.

Comment

Had the same problem with my 2002 200 0X66 Vmax. Test the voltage during a failure on the 2 post of the High Pressure Fuel Pump. When mine was failing the Positive side was gone but still had the negative side. This also caused the injectors to not have power. Turned out to be a Relay on my motor. A quick fix on the water is to run a wire from the positive post on battery to the positive post on the fuel pump. This got me running again until I could get it to the shop. It took forever and a day to figure this all out and multiple trips to the shop because the relay did its job most of the time and all trouble shooting had to be done when the relay was failing which only seemed to happen when I barely had enough time to get to weigh in. Never showed up at the house are in the shop. Very frustrating problem for sure.....

Jody

Comment

intermittants can be difficult to find.
              I do NOT reccomend bypassing the relays.
              by taking the positive pump lead to 12V positive it powers up everything on the engine.
              the ECU only controls the ground side of the pump and injectors.

Comment

I totally agree with Rodbolt17 about not bypassing the relays, especially if you are not sure that is the problem. I had meter and everything I needed to safely do the job on the lake since that is the only place mine would fail. In the end I only did the quick fix to get the boat back to the ramp and on the trailer. Once on the trailer I cut the wire I had run and showed my Mech what I had to do to get it to him so he would know exactly what I had done. From that he replaced the relay and I haven't had a problem since. I want to apologize if I led you to believe that running the wire was a fix rather than a temporary patch.

Jody

Comment

Working...
                X