2006 F150TXR wiring corrosion problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 F150TXR wiring corrosion problem

Hi, I have a 2006 F150TXR and I was having trouble with it getting power to the main fuse box on the engine. I ordered new fuse box and relay assy. When I went to replace them I found the wiring harness on the back of the fuse box has corrosion on it I tried to pull it out and one wire broke off. I looked it up and found out this is the main harness for the engine. I would like to know if someone out there knows what size pins are in this harness so I can repace them and use the original one without havinbg to buy the whole thing and just crimp on new terminal pins. Hoping for some help

Is the corrosion the result from spray getting "sucked in" from the air intake in the hood, or from water dripping from either the hood or a leak on the motor?

There was a technical bulletin concerning water leakage from the motor cover air ducting in 2006 engines from 150 to 225hp. See your dealer to see if your model is in the range of the serial numbers that needed that fix.

Comment

what seahorse says.
      and if its command link have the water pressure sensor and speed sensors checked.
      but definatly find a dealer that doesnt mind dropping a dime to kennesaw Ga.
      its amazing what sometimes gets covered under the goodwill policy if you make the call.

Comment

PWhaley, did you have any problems with the motor stalling or hard to start before you had this problem you just reported. I found the same wire has corroded on mine and inside the fuse box one pin was broken.

Comment

Working...
        X