GPS to FMM Interface question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS to FMM Interface question

I already bought the cable to feed the GPS speed into the Fuel Ma****nt Meter (FMM). Once I successfully interface them and disconnect the speedo tube form the speedometer, will I get the speed to show in the speedometer?

The question is: Do the input of the GPS speed to the FMM reach the speedometer?

If the answer is no, do their is any way I can achieve this and how?

I do not have command link gauges, only the basic ones. FMM, two Tach's, and the speedometer.

Your help is appreciated.

No the Multifunction speedometer will not interface with GPS, it will need the speedo hose connected to display speed. The FMM will connect to GPS but will not transfer data to speedometer.
    Last edited by boats.net; 01-04-2011, 05:30 PM.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Now that you had explained that and considering that my speedo is fading away, I plan to buy a new one. Do you know of any Yamaha speedometer that can be used with the GPS input for speed? If the answer is yes, could you please provide the part number for my next project?

Thanks for your quick response.

Comment

The Command Link speedometer will connect to GPS if you have a 2006 or newer HPDI or four stroke fuel injected model motor.
        Other than that no Yamaha doesn't have one that will.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X