T8 power trim stuck on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T8 power trim stuck on

I noticed my kicker was trimmed up all the way. I always store with it down. Some how it the power trim went into up mode all on it's own and drained my batteries. So I took apart the switch and cleaned it up (didn't need to. It was clean and no corrosion what so ever. Plus it's sealed inside). Same problem when I hooked it up to a fresh battery. It wants to keep running it up. So I took the switch apart and disconnected it and still the same problem. So now I'm thinking it;s not the switch. I did some research and replaced the relay assembly Y-69G-81950-00-00 69G-81950-00-00 RELAY ASSY. A $180 part. Took out the old one and installed the new this morning. Ok here we go give her some juice. SOB still wants to keep running. Anyone have clue what's going on?
    Attached Files

You need to check/test with a volt meter to see if the switch or the wiring is telling the relay to pick up before replacing parts,
    it is a lot cheaper that way

Comment

Yes I will now go out and invest in a volt meter. I was wondering if this may be a common problem with these power tilt models?

Comment

most likly water got in the switch.
        there are actually two relays inside that box.
        at rest both are grounded outputs.
        the 10Ga red lead is + battery 12V.
        the 10ga black wire is ground.
        the 10Ga blue wire,when 12V+ is applied make the trim motor run up, the 10Ga green wire,when 12V+ is applied makes the trim motor spin the opposite direction and it goes down.
        this relay is controled by the 18Ga blue and green control wires that go to the switch.
        usually its a failure in the control circuit.

Comment

Working...
        X