Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225TXRB Right side more fumes bubbles

Gentlemen,
    I have been working to clear up some intermitent electrical overheat alarm problem with my right side engine. Then, I recently noticed that my right side engine running at idle makes a lot of air bubbles versus my counter rotation that hardly makes a light stream of tiny bubbles. Do this difference is normal in the engines? Why one engine throws out (through the lower unit) more fumes than the other, at exactly the same RPMs? Does this makes sense at all?

Any expert help will be appreciated. The engines are twin 2003 F225TXRB with 500hrs on them.

typically thats what we see when the exhaust stack has corroded away.
    it will also cause low speed(typically below 1100 RPM) overheats.

Comment

Thanks for your eply. It makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Thanks for your reply! It makes sense with the intermitent over heat situation I have. It happens specifically at low RPM's while *****ing. Is this a big job in terms of $$$? Could you let me know the name of the part?

Comment

typically you will find most the stack corroded.
          parts are typically in the 2800-3000 dollar range, depends on whats corroded, and takes 8 to 12 hours or so to deal with.
          have you checked the water pressure control valve?

Comment

No I have not checked the water PCV. I do have it on the agenda. I keep getting this intermitent overheat while fishing offshore. I just turn of the engine for 20-30 sec. and then continue fishing for the rest of the day with no problems.

Comment

I have twin 2001 200ph HPDI's and have the same issue with the exessive exhaust bubbling in the port motor lower unit but the motor doesn't overheat. Could this still be a corrision issue or can it be something else?

Comment

start a new thread.
                the only 2 things an F225 and a Z200 share is a yamaha decal and 4D paint codes.
                otherwise it simply gets to confusing.

Comment

Working...
                X