Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6Y8 Rigging Kit

Hello all.

I have just registered with the site. Martin from Suffolk England. I have bought a new Yam F150 and have two questions.

1. The 6Y8 fixing kit that came with the engine comes with the optional speed sensor which interfaces with the 6Y8O-ll "speed fuel " gauge via the bus. What the kit does not have is the “water pressure sensor” although the generic instructions keep referring to it. Is the water pressure sensor not included in the 6Y8 fixing kit?

2. The interface for the tank level is via a black and pink wire which connects to the 6Y8O-11 gauge. What sensor type is required for the tank? are they a yam part and do the come for different level tanks? Is it a resistance sensor if so what is its resistance range from empty to full?

Oops almost forgot. A further question. The wiring diagram shows a connction for the GPS to the 6Y8O-11 gauge what is this for? gps readings on the gauge from the gps?

Thanks for reading.

Regards
    Martin.

Also a further question. The wiring diagram shows a connction for the GPS to the 6Y8O-11
    Last edited by poppywillow; 12-16-2010, 07:18 AM.

the fuel level is selectable for the yamaha sender,the european sender or the US 35-250 ohm sender,
    the water pressure and speed sensor are the same just the holders are different,not sure how they are marketed outside the US.
    the GPS leads are for GPS speed inputs only.
    IF your engines are compatible,not sure on non US market engines, you can use the gateway interface to display engine information on some GPS units.

Comment

Thank You for that Rod.

Just so I definetly understand

The GPS can receive NMEA engine data for display on the GPS screen.?

I Only have one sensor with the mounting stud and pipework for the speed reading. The one sensor does not do the two functions does it? So from this I assume i do not have a water pressure option with the fitting kit I received. Does this seem correct?

Regards
      Martin

Comment

The water pressure sensor for the F150 is part number 69J-8A4L0-11-00.
        Here is the water pressure installation guide
        6Y5-2819K-94.pdf
        Here is more information on the NMEA 2000 to Command Link Gateway
        O2009_014.pdf
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you for that Moderator.

Have you the installation guide for the speed sensor also. This would be most helpful?

Also the operation instructions for the 6y8 "trim" and "speed fuel" meters would be tip top.

Thanks in advance Martin

Comment

The speed and water pressure sensors are covered in that same manual.
            Operation_Manual_Square.pdf
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

from what yamaha has told us the command link is a recieve only device and does not output.
              never tried any outputs only inputs from a GPS.
              appearently the command link only has a recieve + input and no TX + outputs.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks boat.net.

Do you have the manual for the round multifunction meters as they are the ones I have with my engine or will the square meter manual suffice?

Great site
                Regards
                Martin uk

Comment

Round Command Link operator manual
                  Operation_manual_Round.pdf
                  Regards
                  Boats.net
                  Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank You very much Boats.net.

Martin.