Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to interface GPS to Yamaha speedometer

Gentlemen,
    I have the Yamaha Fuel Management Meter (FMM) for two Yamahas 225 FStroke. I need to know how to use the part number 6Y5-85721-F0-00. It is my understanding that I have to cut the W (white) wire that comes from the Yam Speedometer to the FMM and connect it to the signal lead that comes from the NMEA connection on the GPS. I will use a Scotchlok connector to connect both ends.

The questions are:
    1- Is the above procedure correct? Cut and connect W to W?
    2- I see two additional cables (R,B) on the square plug coming from the Yamaha speedometer. Shall I continue using them with the W input coming from the GPS?
    3- Shall I eliminate the W wire that comes from the Yam Speedometer or keep it?

Your advice will be greatly appreciated as usual. joseeruiz@libertypr.net
    Last edited by jercat; 12-14-2010, 07:51 PM.

Here is the diagram
    FMM GPS Connection.JPG
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the diagram. Excuse my ignorance, but I need to know if the "signal lead for the speedometer" is elliminated? The diagram only shows one coupler B and two signal lead. Do I completely unplug the speedometer lead?
      Thanks again

Comment

Yes you can use one speed signal source either the speedo or the GPS NMEA 0183 output.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks, for your prompt reply and patience.

Comment

Moderator, one more question to you. When I connect the GPS to input speed into the Fuel Management Gauge (FMG), will I get the GPS speed on the Speedometer?

Will the FMG feed (input) the speed from the GPS to the speedometer gauge?
            Your help is greatly appreciated as always.

Comment

Working...
            X