Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Start ****on

Gents, Re: 1998 S200TXRW
    Got a lot of service to do to the motors this winter and looking for a remote start ****on like the techs use. Assuming NAPA or Sears have something like that; any suggestions? Can a jumper wire be used to keep the ignition on? I think I can figure out how to jump the starter solenoid what wires do I jump to turn on the ignition. Thanks Guys!
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Yes auto stores sells a remote start switch that will work ok on your motor. It's better to use a remote instead of jumping solenoid.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks, do you know what wires I jump to put the ignition on; or do I just leave it on at the key

Comment

s200TXRW.
        saltwater series,200 hp 2.6L carbed.
        to simply crank the engine over dissconet the brown bullit connector at the start relay, hook one end of the remote start switch to the brown lead from the relay and the other to battery positive.
        to enable the ign simply turn the keyswitch on.
        off simply disables spark.
        depends on what maint your doing as to whether you want spark, or not.

Comment

Remote Start Switch

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
          s200TXRW.
          saltwater series,200 hp 2.6L carbed.
          to simply crank the engine over dissconet the brown bullit connector at the start relay, hook one end of the remote start switch to the brown lead from the relay and the other to battery positive.
          to enable the ign simply turn the keyswitch on.
          off simply disables spark.
          depends on what maint your doing as to whether you want spark, or not.
          Ok, sorry to dummy up on you guys. Got the remote start switch, nice convenience. Now, how do you turn off the engine? Climb back on the boat and turn the key off? Seems to be a PIA, what do the techs do, have a yard boy at the helm? Choke the engine? Pull a wire? Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X