converting my 25 yamaha from tiller to wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting my 25 yamaha from tiller to wheel

I'm trying to change my tiller steering to wheel steering. I have no idea of cost or complexity. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What is the model number of your 25?
    Do you want to convert it to remote control as well or just remote steering?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

model of outboard

the model of my YAMAHA 25 is 25MLH and I would like remote control also. I'm hoping to put a center console in my ALWELD jon boat.

Comment

Can you tell me what I need in parts

I too would like to remote my 1989 25D yamaha outboard for my 14ft inflatable by adding a center console. Can anybody comment on what I need to do to the motor for steering and throttle control?

I don't have electric start yet, but that's another question that I'll add to the forum.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Charlie

Comment

Oops, I just spotted another post that had the list of what I need to get to do this tiller conversion to remote control. So nevermind!

Thanks! This is a very good forum!

Comment

Originally posted by ward2b63 View Post
            the model of my YAMAHA 25 is 25MLH and I would like remote control also. I'm hoping to put a center console in my ALWELD jon boat.
            For the 25MLH you need
            6L2-48501-11-00 Remote Attachment Kit
            689-61350-02-00 Steering Guide
            6J8-48511-51-4D Steering Hook
            701-48101-51-00 701 Side Mount Control box(manaul start)

Also need two control cables, MAR-CABLE-xx-SC(replace xx with length cables needed)
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thats it?

I thank you for the info but I don't get how to connect the steering parts to a helm. The remote parts for the throttle and shift seems to make sense but not the helm.

Comment

The steering arm connectes engine to steering cable, you would need to install a steering cable, helm and steering wheel in boat if don't already have one.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
                X