F9.9sj blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F9.9sj blues

I have a 1986 F9.9SJ Yamaha O/B that is truly been a pain in my %#$%....Well here's the story;I got this outboard from another marina because they couldn't get it going....so far I've replaced the two automatic choke diaphams,the charge coil,the pulser coil and the lighting coil....MY problem is that you can crank it up with five pulls on the starter rope then let it warm up to operating temp..give it throttle, then it starts to like bog and will cut off if you don't throttle it back to just above idle...any input from you guys would be greatly appreciated by this old southern boy lost up in North Michigan...oh the carb I'm sure is clean soaked it in carb cleaner for a couple days
    Last edited by SnakeBite54; 12-06-2010, 04:26 PM. Reason: typo error

have you tested anything or are you just throwing parts at it?

Still sounds like a fuel issue to me, but I am not the one doing the testing.

Comment

Thanks 99yam40,the parts I've replaced some were on the low side of the tolerances and the customer wanted them replaced after he was made aware of this.So now I'll do the fuel system tests as per the service manual...thanks again for your input
      Last edited by SnakeBite54; 12-07-2010, 09:42 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

what kind of reading were you getting and what kind of voltmeter were you useing while checking the peak voltages?

Comment

Working...
        X