Unidentifiable Fuel Filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unidentifiable Fuel Filters

I own a new LZ200TXR. I mounted it to an older boat that had been sitting for quite a while with old gas (ethanol based). During initial break-in, the entire fuel system was affected with residue from the tank. Just about every fuel filter has been replaced from the fuel/water separator, the main incoming filter, the electric pump filter, and the medium pressure strainer. There were two very small, very fine filters that were replaced that I cannot find anywhere on any diagram. They were basket shaped, about 3/4" long and about 1/4" in diameter. There were two of them. I thought the dealer told me they were from the high pressure system, but I don't remember where. The only place I could think that they came from is the inlets to the fuel rails, but they don't show on any diagrams I have. Anyone with any ideas?

That model only has 3 fuel filters that can be replaced, there are small filters in high pressure fuel pump and fuel injectors but are not replaceable.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

actaually there are about 12 filters under that hood, only 4 can be field serviced.
      the injector filters and the HP pump filters are technically non-field servicable.
      however they rarely fail.
      biggest two that do are the VST and the medium pressure inline.
      easy to test.

Comment

Working...
      X