Yamaha wiring questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha wiring questions

I recently purchased a new boat. The boat came with nice analog gauges, a key switch and kill switch that I would like to keep. The gauges are a volt, tach and speedometer. I have a 99' C40TLRX that I have installed on the boat. I purchased a 704 binnacle mount and the maine wiring harness from boats.net. I have been able to wire everything up but am unable to get the motor to run correctly. I am simply missing a wire somewhere. The gauges all work fine and the motor cranks but will not run. I did not want to use the Yamaha switch because I would have to cut new holes in the console. I cut the plug off the end of the wiring harness and wired them to the existing key switch. I need to know what the wires are for. The red, brown, yellow, white, green, blue, and black and pink. I know the brown is the starter, red is power, black is ground, and I think white it for the Tach. I dont know where the yellow, blue, green and pink should go. Also at the motor there is a blue wire coming from the automatic choke. It is not plugged in. Where does it go? There is a red wire with a plug on the other wide of the motor that has constant power does it plug in to that one? It seems like I'm just missing a wire and if i can figure out which and where it should run. Also the motor cranked once but would nut shut off even after the battery was disconnected, I've never seen this any opinions?
    Thanks

OK, I think I am just going to go with a yamaha switch panel. That means I'll have to patch some holes in the new console but oh well. Do I need the switch panel that has push to choke? Also does anyone know where the blue wire from the choke goes?

Comment

Working...
    X