Power trim pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power trim pistons

I have a pair of 225's and a 115, Yamaha. I experance about every 12 to 18 months at least one of the seal trim seals leak. I have paid a Yamaha dealer or replaced my self these seals. I understand the importance of the seal seating alinement. I have checked the ram cylinder for any scoring. But they do start seeping. What am I doing incorrect?
    Where can you get the correct spanner wrench?

I have experienced the same problem on my 150's. After about 18 months they start to leak, usually from the two tilt rams.

I obtained new seals from Yamaha and the C spanner and box spanner too (useless incidentally as the lugs snap off very easily). I overhauled the rams and like you, there were no scores. They lasted about 4 months before they started to leak again. Stupidly, I again resealed them and this time, 6 weeks only before they leaked again.

A new PTT is around US$1350 so in desperation I purchased two new tilt pistons as it seems to always be the tilt rams rather than the lift ram that leaks. The cost was around US$250 and the repair has lasted almost 14 months and is still OK.

Comment

Working...
    X