No Water Stream pilot hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Water Stream pilot hole

Just got a "new to me" boat this summer. Boat has a 2004 225 HP Yamaha 4 stroke on it. I use it exclusively in salt water and always flush it out afterwards. Using round muffs I would always get the stream exiting from the cooling system pilot hole when running it out of the water. For the last run of the year I put it in the CT river and did a nice fresh water run prior to winterizing. When I went to winterize I did not have the stream of water. However I was using a different, larger set of rectangular muffs. Naturally, I did not run once stream did not appear. I'm wondering if the pilot tube might be clogged, do I possibly have a water pump problem or are the new muffs inadequate? The larger muffs made sense to me but maybe not? I did not have any cooling problems during the last run and the stream was strong and visible. Is the pilot tube effected by the water temp or therms? I have scheduled impeller & thermostat replacements for spring prior to this experience so it will be addressed. Meanwhile, I'm contemplating doing waterpump & therms myself. Have done it in past on both mechanical & electric shift motors. Maybe I'll save some money and put towards dealer tune-up instead? What exactly is a dealer tune-up consist of on a four stroke?

There is a" sticky" above with all of the info.

I'd have the dealer give you a list of what they claim that they will do.

You can compare the hours requirement/schedule yourself from the above charts.

Cheers !!!

Comment

Working...
    X