Yamaha F150 Fuel problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha F150 Fuel problem?

I have a Yamaha F150 (4 stroke) 2006 with around 2850hrs and was doing routine maintenance yesterday. Opening the VST on the HP electric fuel pump revealed a lot of small particles in the bottom of the tank (a pile almost 1/2" tall). I checked the filters and all were clean (I actually destructively opened the inline filters). I stripped the LP fuel pumps and there is no sign of any dirt anywhere in the fuel system from the tank right through to the VST. I am therefore puzzled as to where these dirt particles have come from as they would have had to pass the Racor in the boat then the inline filter on the motor before the LP pump, and then two more inline filters before ever getting to the VST. Could this be the electric fuel pump brushes disintegrating?

Is it white do you use e 10 fuel but you also have to service the vst can also be fuel gum from fuel that has dried in the vst

Comment

The particles are black and no we do not use e10 fuel. The fuel never gets chance to dry out in the VST as the 150's are on our dive boat and are used just about every day of the year.

Comment

Working...
      X