lower end oil leak 86' 115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower end oil leak 86' 115

I have an oil leak in my lower end. It looks like it's coming from the seal closest to the prop. In reviewing the manual procedure, it looks like there are two seals I'll ned to replace. I'm a little confused about needing a special tool to pull the bearing keeper. Can someone clearify this for me?

Yes you will need a cover nut wrench and a puller to remove the bearing carrier. Being a 86 motor and if it's a saltwater motor the carrier could be hard to get out, may have to be heated up to remove.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Well Boats.net. I'm a little embarassed to say, but my oil leak is actually just exhaust residue from 50:1 mix plus what ever my injector pump is putting out plus ringfree plus a little pb blaster that I'm using to free up a stuck comp ring. I looked at the gear oil and its a clear amber oil unlike what the drip on my skeg looks like. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok, Toag, you are allowed only one mistake on this forum - no more now, hear?
        Hey, guy, this is how you learn this stuff! - we all bounce around ideas and share thoughts - keep
        'em coming!
        Good luck,
        Ken K

Comment

Working...
        X