Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saltwater series OX66 150hp fresh water flush out hose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saltwater series OX66 150hp fresh water flush out hose?

I hooked up the hose to one of my motors today to flush it out and no water
    would run through it and come out the engine.
    Tried the other motor and not problems there.

It pumps water with engine running out the pee hole like it should but
    can't seem to flush water through the flush out hose?
    This is the first time I have ever come across this?

Is it possible the hose is getting crimped somewhere?, could there be a blockage in the hose? At least you know that the water pump is working as you stated that it pee's when the motor runs.
    When I first bought my boat (used) I noticed that the flush hose was getting caught between the motor, and where the hydraulic lift rams are on the transom. I just moved it a bit by hand, all is well now.

Scott

Comment

Yes it was pinched a little bit

Moved it a bit and its working like it should now.
      Glad it was just that

Comment

Late to the Party...wanted to see if you guys had any thoughts

Hello All,

I have recently purchased my first boat, a 2003 Hydra Sports 202 DC with a Yamaha 200 OX66 Saltwater Fuel Injection. The engine only had 102 hours.

I had the boat inspected prior to purchase by a Master Tech and it came through w/flying colors. Even compression, good VST, etc.

I have since put on approx 12hrs in the Atlantic. It has run like a top, no hesitation or alarms, etc.

I obviously need/want to flush the engine to ensure the removal of any salt in the engine. I can run it on muffs and it will "piss". Ran it for approx 7 min and no alarms or issues although the lower unit was very warm. Engine was warm as I had run it for the previous 2 hrs. As I said it ran great and was "pissing"while under way and on muffs. *NOTE: Its on a slip which makes the muffs a bit difficult.

My question is when I try to run it with the flush at the garden hose connection on the base of the cowling it will not pee.

In fact the hose from the dock eventually causes the connector on the engine to disconnect causing the fresh water to spray across the marina. I am not running the engine and it's in the up position per the owners manual.

I have used the paper clip/weed wacker twine/coat hanger trick in an attempt to dislodge anything in the lodged in the pee hole with no luck.

I feel like I'm doing myself and my engine a disservice. Would appreciate any and all help as everything I've read on THT and other sites has not spoken to this particular issue.

Thanks.

Comment

While your on the lift, remove the cowling and tilt the engine some so it' easier to access.

Now, follow the hoses (and clean as need be). If you have a small air compressor, that would make things a bit easier too...

If its on a lift,(completely out of the water), you don't have to tilt the engine. Tilting is so the fresh water can flush the LU too(and salt water not stay in the LU)
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Var, you really need to start your own new thread with all info instead of posting on someones very old thread about a different motor

Comment

Just saw the thread researching my issue and saw that it's was also an OX66 with seemingly the same issue. I figured it was the same engine just different hp. Which is why I put it in this thread, also, didn't see the date.

Will start new thread as suggested.

Thanks TownsendsFJR1300 - appreciate the help!

Comment

Working...
              X