Primer Pump not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer Pump not working

Yamaha Outboard Model 15SF - 1988. I had a primer pump hose connector leaking small amount of gas so I got a replacement connector. Replacement connector fits great on fuel tank or motor connections. Now when I attempt to prime, the primer bulb never gets firm and doesn't appear to be priming at all. Any suggestions would be helpful. Seems strange that it primed with old connector (but would leak gas at the connector) but with new connector doesn't prime.

how are you holding it in when working bulb the horizontal our vertical as you need to hold it in the vertical so as the one way valve will close.
    i guess you have the flow the correct way.

Comment

Primer pump not working

Mitch - thanks for the reply. The bulb is vertical when being pumped. Having just bought a new connector, I hate to now buy a bulb / hoses etc and still have it not work. I guess I'm looking for a good way to diagnose the problem to narrow down what may be wrong. Any suggestions on diagnosing the problem would be helpful.

Comment

Primer pump not working

I reviewed the parts list for the new connector I just bought for the Primer hose to tank/motor and found that there are 2 different part numbers listed.
        6G1-24305-01-00 and 6Y1-24305-02-00.

Are these actually different? In other words, is there a specific connector for the tank side of the primer hose and a different specific connector for the motor side of the primer hose. If so, the problem may be the connector I bought is the wrong connector.

Comment

Hello,

didn't you changed the bulb position ?

There is a arrow on the bulb. this arrow sould be on outboard direction.

Sorry for my bad english

Regards
          Smanitos
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm having a similiar problem with a 1984 4 stroke 9.9 outboard. I cannot get gas from the gas tank to the engine. I bought a new bulb and hose, connected it coeerctly and still no gas to engine. When I put some gas in the carb it will fire up and run until the small amount of gas in carb is gone. Im trying to figure this out, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Do you have a filter hooked up/water separator? I had the same issue with my primer. Changed the filter and all was good.
              Hope this helps...

Comment

Working...
              X