Not firing????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not firing????

On my last thread i stated that when i checked the charge coil that the two circuits were not balanced , i have found that one is for low speed and the other is for high speed and they would have ohmed different. coils ohmed good. Still not firing on 1,3 & 5 on my 96 200hp yamaha. New cdi,new plugs.ign. coils checked good,pulse coil checked good. Am i the only yamaha owner in the world that has had this problem?? I'm running out of parts to replace and money to buy more. HELP

Test the inputs and out puts of the CDI like manual states to find what is going on with the voltages instead of replacing parts and hoping. It is a lot cheaper to buy the manual and proper equipment to test with and only buy the parts that are needed

Comment

mechanic said he checked and they were all within specs,all i can do is trust him and what he tells me.I don't have the tools to make these checks.

Comment

Oldsalty is back with good news. Mechanic had to go to yamaha pros but they came to the conclusion that the stator was bad. Was running on three now hitting on all six. Didn't know the stator would run one bank of cylinders. Anyway just thought i would pass it on if anyone else has this problem.

Comment

Good to here it is back to running correctly.
          Did your mechanic offer to give you your money back on the CDI that you did not need or at least give you your old CDI back so you could have for a spare or sell to get some of the money back?

Comment

I did get my old cdi unit and i will place it on ebay and try to recoop some of the money that i spent.

Comment

Working...
            X