SeaFoam & RingFree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeaFoam & RingFree

I have been reading about the anti carbon additives SeaFoam & RingFree. Will they work as an anti gelling additive also or do I need to add this my gas as well?

By the way this is a great board, I have learned a lot just reading the old posts! Hope I dont have these problems but now generaly know some things to look out for! Thanks for sharing. Shop manual will be first aftermarket item ordered! Even found out where to order from!

Hank

Hank,
    If you are using your outboard on a regular basis, I would not worry about adding an anti-gelling agent. Seafoam and RingFree are strong detergents and can be used on a continual basis to keep carbon buildup at bay.
    If you store your outboard, say for winter months, then you need to add something like Sta-Bil to the fuel. You also need to follow the owners manual for storage preparation. It is best to just run your outboard once a week in the off season, if possible. The hardest thing on any internal combustion engine is to just let it set for months at a time.
    Good luck,
    Ken K

Comment

Working...
    X