200 HPDI oil pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 HPDI oil pump

I have a 2000 200 HPDI with 500 hours and my alarm went off indicating yellow and red - low oil pressure and low oil. The reservoir was at the lower line minimum - I added oil to the reservoir - top line. Ran the engine at idle, then at 1000 and 2000 rpm for a couple of minutes - no problem. Continued to monitor - no issues. Ran for 30 miles during the day between 2,000 and 4,400 rpm and ran fine. At home (trailer boat) the oil is at midway between lines. Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea on estimated life on oil pump?

Thanks
    Rich

sure you dont have a pinched oil line,does the hpdi models have the manual oil filler next to resevoir? if so, try filling it with that.i would think 30 miles would drain the resevoir more than half but its been a long time for me manually filling a resevoir during a trip,where i broke an oil line on a trip to bahamas.can also be bad level sensor(s).

(HAM)
    If you can feed oil into the engine's tank using the emergency toggle switch (key must be ON...) then the problem is with the switch inside the engine's tank. If you can not fill the engine's tank using the emergency toggle switch then the problem is with the wiring harness or the remote tank's pump (rare).

Comment

Working...
    X