2001 250 OX66 oil issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 250 OX66 oil issue

The oil reservoir on the motor is not filling up. I push the switch up and nothing happens (the power is on when I do this). Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

motor is not trimmed up AND trim tilt indicator on gauge works correctly ?

Comment

Correct. Motor trimmed down. I also tested (12v) at the main oil tank and it is getting power.

Comment

here is the troubleshooting chart
        Attached Files

Comment

There is a pump on the bottom side of your Oil tank that is in your boat. I have had the problem before and when I took the pump out and cleaned it as well as the tubing it resolved my problem.

Good Luck

Jody

Comment

200 OX66 (God i love this motor)

I had the same issue when they installed my motor, brand new. It ended up being a mud dobber had made a nest or clog in the oil line. They said a bug was in the oil line. Maybe you can take the oil line off the tank and off the motor and blow some compressed air through it to see if you have a clog. I would capture the blown oil in a container to see if there was any debris in it. Good luck and keep us posted

Comment

Thanks guys, I will not be able to look at the pump again until this weekend. I will keep you posted...

Comment

That pump under the oil tank in the boat is a simple pump and you should not have any trouble taking it apart and cleaning it.

Jody

Comment

Working...
                X