2004 F150 Hesitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 F150 Hesitation

I purchased this engine new on my G3. The dealer said he did not want to make any adjustments until it was broken in. It has hesitated since it was new and just over the 2010 summer has stalled a few times. It happens when idleing along for a few minutes and when the engine is powered up to go, either slowly or WOT, it spits and most of the time goes. It runs great all other speeds and times. New plugs or fuel filter did not help. Tried running cleaner through and that does not help. Dealer did a link and sink on the throttle bodies, this did not help. Now that it is out of warranty, the dealer wants to run all kinds of diagnostics. Anything I can do or is there a specific issue at hand? Thank you.

yep maybe but you will need YDS to do it the TSV needs adjusting a bit number 5
    in break down
    Yamaha Outboard Parts 2004 F150TLRC INTAKE 2 Diagram

Next question did he check the fuel pressure at fuel rail

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The fuel pressure was not checked. Is there a good dealer I can take this to near Grafton, Wisconsin that anyone can recomend? I have 400+ hours on this unit and to me that is just breaking in. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X