fuel management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel management

I'm thinking about installing a fuel management on my 2003 150trbx 2 strokes.
    My questions:
    1. Is it accurate?
    2. Do I have to change my fuel sender?
    3. Is it basically a plug in installation?
    4. Should I add a Yamaha fuel/water separator?

Where should I buy?

Comment

Dennis,
      I use a Yamaha fuel management system on my twin 1998 OX66 Yamahas. Prior to the Yamahas I used Flowscan which is the same technology. Since your product is a Yamaha I would stick with the Yamaha system, although you don't "have" to.

These systems are very accurate. I would not go on my long offshore runs without it. In a 100 gallon fill up you can expect to be within about a gallon.

The fuel management system does not use your fuel sender, so you merely leave it alone.

If you are handy with a little wiring and plumbing, etc. you should have no trouble, but it is not just a plug in installation.

Technically I do not believe a fuel/water separator is required just because you have a fuel management system, but I would not leave port without one of these either.

Comment

Dennis the Yamaha FMS is very accurate but a little more expensive than something like the NavMan 2100 setup. But I think you get what you pay for. Yamaha has just come out with a FMS / Speedo gauge to combine the fuel flow function into the speedometer gauge so you don't have to drill another 4" hole in your console. Here's a link to check it out: http://www.pws9.com/Merchant2/mercha...Y5-W0088-70-00

Just cut and paste that to your browser. The FMS is also calibration adjustable in case it's not dead on, but most of the time it's perfect from the factory.

Mike...... Miami, FL

Comment

Working...
        X