225 Yamaha not charging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 225 Yamaha not charging

I have a 96 225 yamaha that is not charging. I have changed the stator and voltage regulator/rectifier with no results. I have checked all wiring and cleaned all my grounds. I do not know what else to do. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Other than the flywheel, battery and battery cables that is all the parts in the charging system, retest each one.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

When you say you "checked all the wires" are you using a multi meter? Or are you just checking connections at different components? In the past I have seen a similar condition and it ended up being corrosion in the charge wire that goes to the batteries (a multi meter will not show corrosion in a wire). I have also seen wires break in the middle of a cable with no evidence of external damage.

Before I would do anything else, I would go back and check your connections again and perform a 10 pound pull test on the connectors themselves. Sometimes the connector looks secure but is not.

I would suggest to ohm the charge system to rule out or possibly find the problem. It sounds complicated if you are not used to electrical work but it is not. Get a wire diagram for your boat as that would be helpful. Then you can break the charge system down into circuits as you will only have one load per circuit. In theory it can only be a handful of problems.

Just do yourself a favor and do not complicate it and keep it simple. If you get stuck walk away and return in a few minutes. It is amazing what a couple minutes of cooling off can produce, usually results. Even the most experienced technician forgets to walk away sometimes.

It sounds like to me that you have stared the culprit in the face but either overlooked it or even ruled it out.

Happy Hunting!

Comment

vgbruhkj

This site is the best web-site. . Cheers Glenn Prolonoff!
        [url]http://www.aaaloanlenders.com[/url]

Comment

Working...
        X