whats the difference 85/90 2 strokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the difference 85/90 2 strokes

hey guys. i bought a boat with a 85 hp 3 cyl a few weeks ago and took it out the last two weeks. after the first week i noticed a little water on the plugs. checked the fuel/seperator and everything was good. ended up changing the exaust plate/water jacket , head gasket and water jacket gaskets before last weekend. made a huge difference in the performance of the boat......for about 30 mins. while running back to the boat ramp it started to get a faint knock. i shut it down and got a tow about a 1/2 mile to the ramp. removed power head and dissassembled everything last night and the bottow cylinder had broken the rod bearing. after closer inspection the crank and rod are beyond repair! today i started looking up prices on hadr parts and pretty much all new bearings and im now wondering if i should just try and find aother complete powerhead? i just dont want the "good deal" i got on this boat to end up breaking the bank!

so i guess the question is.....what should i look for? will a 90 hp interchange with what i have? im not apposed to fixing what i have if i could find a the parts on what i need. any help would be greatly appriceated!!

THANKS LE!

The 85 was a non-oil injection model and had older ignition system so if use 90hp engine(same year or newer than your motor) then your ignition and other components may not bolt to block.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X