250 fuel injected , bogging on taking off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250 fuel injected , bogging on taking off

I have twins 01, 250 hp fuel injected motors, I have had issues with the port motor a gd part of the yr at idle, I have changed out all the filters, just recently I changed the ball as the ck valve was not working , aswell as the three low pressure pumps, the motor dies out when you give it the thottle, hard starting, when at idle it coughs and spits , then sometimes stalls, anything over 1000 rpm the motor runs great, I have also clean and chk the 02 sensor, I was told to change the 02 sensor anyway, i hate to parts change if not needed

Might try resynchronizing throttle body, check TPS setting and look for air leaks on intake manifold.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks to this sight I may have found the problem, I pulled the injecter filters out and cleaned them. 3 out of the six filters on the port motors had the white crap like my vst filters get as I went through three of them this yr, The motor started and idled perfect in the barrel for about 10 mins without a cough or hicup,temp was about 33 degrees this am, will write after a sea trial , thanks again

Comment

I had the chance to run the outboards today, they run like they were new, could not have idled better, to all out there who think they may have a fuel problem start there as you probally do

Comment

33 degrees sounds like you are north and boat would sit a lot... you may want to get better micron filters and drain VST when not in use

Comment

Actually I use the boat quite often, it sat for three yrs before I bought it. It had optimaxes on it , and i never had a problem with filters until I used startron, I ended up plugging a majority of the air injectors screens as well as the fuel injector screens , a few that could not be cleaned. Beofre the issues I put a 10 micron yami filter in for each engine, I bought the yamahas and had no issues last yr , I had also changed the 10 micron bolted to the side of the block. The white crap that is getting by seems to like the 2 micron filters as that is what the vst has. I guess some got by them aswell, I used the oat today and the motors ran fine , probally one more time then i will winterize it , In the spring run it for a few hours then change out all the filters . I do not believe there are any other filters that I can use that will not starve the motors

Comment

Working...
            X