Water Pump 225 1995

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pump 225 1995

I'm trying to change the water pump on my 1995 225TXRT. I removed all the bolts, even the one under the skeg. The lower will not come down. The manual I have shows no shift linkage to be disconnected. Is there any? Or am I missing somthing else?
    Thanks

should be 8 bolts,3 on each side 14 mm,1 up 14mm and 1 down under skeg 12mm.

Comment

Make sure you have all bolts out ,on my 1994 225 there is a bolt under the rubber plug going down above the skeg. You should be rite there is no shift linkage to dissconnect.Sometimes the drive shaft gets stuck in the powerhead.

Comment

Ok I have all the bolts out. How do I get the lower unit down? Seems like it's stuck. I tried hitting with a hammer and block of wood but it's not comming off.

Comment

trim it down, let the weight do the work.

Comment

Cletis,
            Assuming you have removed the remaining bolt that is under the trim tab (not the skeg), the lower unit should drop down. I thought some of the V-6 blocks had eight bolts holding the lower unit on - three on each side, one in front, and one in back under the trim tab.
            I also assume you have disconnected the speedo hose at the bullet connector?
            Try using four small wooden wedges between the lower unit and upper housing - tap lightly with a hammer or wooden mallet to put extra pressure on the drive shaft in addition to the weight of the lower unit - sometimes the drive shaft splines can become corroded where they contact the end of the crankshaft of the motor.
            Good luck,
            Ken K

Comment

Thanks
              Yes there were 8 bolts.
              I had tapped three screw drivers between the lower and the housing.
              I did'nt remove the speedo hose though.
              I'll keep trying
              Thanks John

Comment

Working...
              X