Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help, Problem with brand New Yamaha 25hp (25MHS).. See Photo..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help, Problem with brand New Yamaha 25hp (25MHS).. See Photo..

Hello. I purchased a brand new 25hp 2 stroke yamaha (25MHS) tiller motor for my inflatable and I was breaking it in this weekend. I noticed a strange exhaust stain where the lower unit bolts up to the lower shaft. Please see the photo attached. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thank you
    Last edited by spdslspdsl; 10-03-2010, 04:21 AM.

I would call the dealer that I bought it from and see what they say

Comment

I took the motor to the dealer and I was told by the shop mechanic that there is no gasket between those mating surfaces. He claims he called Yamaha and they told him it could not be fixed and it would not cause any harm to the outbaord.
      Personally I think it looks like hell. I told the dealer how many Yamahas would he sell if that motor was on display or used for a test motor in the shop. I cant remember seeing any motors that I have owned and all the outboards I have seen with this issue. If every Yamaha you saw hanging on the back of a boat transom looked like mine how many buyers would say " I want that " When I get a chance I will try another dealer and see if I get a different response.

Comment

I believe that is what I would do also

Comment

Working...
        X