Fule Management System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fule Management System

I am looking into getting a fuel management system for my 2002 225 four stroke. I see they are quite expensive. I think the cheapest I have seen so far is $550 for the complete yamaha setup. My question would be regarding the Flo-Scan system that sells for $290.00...There is a note concerning 4-strokes.. Can someone verify if my 2002 225 4-stroke has both fuel pumps referenced in their statement below? any pros and cons on the Floscan system if it does work for my engine? Thanks

Please confirm whether your outboard engine listed above has one or two fuel pumps (low and high pressure pump). Earlier versions of these engines typically have a single fuel pump where a FloScan system can be used.

Newer model engines with two fuel pumps (low and high pressure) may cause the FloScan instrument's GPH or LPH readings to fluctuate between 0 GPH/LPH and approximately 25-50 GPH or 95-190 LPH depending on the lift pump and engine size. This is due to the engine's lift, or low pressure pump, cycling on and off while filling the vapor separation module. Though the GPH/LPH readings may not be usable under this condition, the FloScan instrument will accurately record total fuel consumption as displayed in the totalizer window.

The F225 models do use two electric fuel pumps, not familar with the Flo Scan system but probably is ok.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X