F100 four-stroke lugs @ 2500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F100 four-stroke lugs @ 2500

I have a 1999 Yamaha F100 4-Stroke that lugs down and almost dies at 2000 to 2500 rpms. If I gun the throttle I can get it up to the crusing speed and it runs good. It it idels fine and top end is fine and out of gear is fine. The service guys couldn't find anything wrong, but I know they didn't test it in the water or put it on a dyno.I think it might be the carbs???????

The carbs are the most common problem and it does sound like a carb or fuel problem.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

The boat was in the shop this past winter for general maintenance when they did find some water in the fuel. We then replaced water/fuel separator and pumped out all the fuel and replaced with fresh fuel. So I believe the fuel issue is gone,so that leaves the carb. Can this be resolved in the shop? because the problem is none existant at idel,crusing speed or on the trailer. Is this an adjustment problem? Is it harmful to run the engine this way, it did fine the otherday except for going through the 2000 to 2500rpm range? could the problem go away with use?

Comment

My boat has same problem!

Hi Tom, Have you found the problem with your F100, because mine has the same problem and no one can put their finger on it. The mechanics have tried everything but they keep coming back to the carby's. But they cant seem to find anything wrong with the carby's. Im having the problems with carby number 2. Please let me know how you went and if you fixed it.

Comment

This sounds like the same problem I am having with my 40 4 stroke. IS it definatly the carb? Like stated above let us know what exactly you find and how you fixed it.

Thanks

Comment

Carby problem fixed.

My problem was definatly the carby. But servicing it didnt help i had to get a new one. Now it runs perfect. P.s. It wasn't cheap to fix!!!

Comment

Working...
            X