Starting Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Trouble

2004 F115. I got in it yesterday and it started instantly at the dock, ran like a top for the three miles to a new fishing spot I wanted to try. I killed the engine and fished for about a half an hour before trying to fire up again but the engine wouldn't start. It will turnover, just not fire. Spark plugs were recently replaced, fuel is getting to the engine, and the batteries seem ok. There is a ticking sound that comes from the top of the cylinders on the port side when I turn the key to the 'on' position and again when I switch it off after unsucessfully trying to crank. Any ideas?

Is your safety kill switch still hooked up properly?
    sometimes things are real simple

Comment

Need more.

Need more info! Did it finally start again or were you towed? Did it ever start
      again? The sound you hear is the HP fuel pump I believe and that's normal.
      Do you have access to YDS and a laptop? Read my post called '03 F115
      TLRD shuts down, it might help!
      Last edited by tanfish; 11-01-2010, 12:34 AM.

Comment

That clicking you can hear is the isc ( idle speed control ) working that,s normal .

check your fuel pressure if emergency kill lanyard is not the problem also did you do some fishing with a radio going ya got to have some disco ..................... not just a blat flattery as these efi engines are sensitive to low voltage problems .

Comment

Working...
        X