titl trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• titl trim

I took my boat out last weekend, every thing was working fine until I hit bottom (mud/dirt). Every thing was seemed to be in working order until I decided to come back in after about 4-5 hour of fishing. I noticed on the way in that the boat did not hold it's trim (200ETXF is the motor). If I stop/slow down I can lift the motor with the tilt/trim as soon as I apply force it goes down, I had to Idle back in. I can hold the cylinder down while someone tilts it up. Did I damage the cylinder seals or could it be something else.

[QUOTE=lacoocheeboy;49615]I took my boat out last weekend, every thing was working fine until I hit bottom (mud/dirt). Every thing was seemed to be in working order until I decided to come back in after about 4-5 hour of fishing. I noticed on the way in that the boat did not hold it's trim (200ETXF is the motor). If I stop/slow down I can lift the motor with the tilt/trim as soon as I apply force it goes down, I had to Idle back in. I can hold the cylinder down while someone tilts it up. Did I damage the cylinder seals or could it be something else?

Comment

Raise it up all the way, check and top off fluid level, loosen manual release screw and allow motor to tilt down completely and re tighten manual release screw. Trim motor up and recheck fluid.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
      X